20 February 2006

serious setback

The shadow of Olympic failure looms over me. I cherished such high hopes for just how much yarn a dedicated knitter could stitch during the course of a four day weekend. Unfortunately, I spent much more of the weekend sick in bed than I spent with needles in hand. I managed some progress, and I enlisted the help of a friend (whose figure allows him--albeit barely--to try on a sweater while the sweater remains on 24" circulars) to model my partially finished project:

With the shoulder increases completed, I can knit mindlessly--and endlessly, it seems--through the haze of illness. The colors are starting to stack up beautifully:

The pieaces measures 15" now, and it's actually beginning look like a garment.

Round, and round, and round I go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The model you are using really shows off your progress. Her skin tone looks great with the color of your garment. Love, Jinglecake