13 February 2006

digression

I decided yesterday that my old standby plastic stitch markers simply must retire. I bought a set of markers shortly after I started knitting (about a year ago), and they have always served me well. Perhaps they simply don't get along with my current yarn choice. Ever since row one, the markers do nothing but snag the yarn. So today I took a slight digression into the realm of beaded stitch markers.

I procured my marker-making supplies in a post work A.C. Moore run and set to work as soon as I arrived home. Behold the finished products:


I realize the center specimen is somewhat hideous. I envisioned a tribute to the Olympic flag's colors which I could treasure as a lasting memento of this experience. Guess I got a bit carried away. Here are the new markers in action:

1 comment:

Sharon Hurlbut said...

The markers are lovely (you MADE those?!), and I love the yarn you're using for your sweater - it's gorgeous. Keep knitting, you're doing great!