28 February 2006

forced to admit defeat

My dreams of Olympic glory slipped away! I made a valiant last minute effort, logging more kntting hours Saturday and Sunday than I logged working hours last week, but to no avail. By 5:00 Sunday I realized the futility of trying to knit two complete sleeves before the torch was extinguished, and I officially threw in the towel. Done in by illness. Too bad the colorful pills my doctor prescribed made me so woozy. Knitting in the round can really induce motion sickness when combined with powerful decongestants.

Once I caved, I couldn't even bear to look at the project or my blog until today. My strength returns, and with it my determination to finish this stinkin' sweater no matter how long it takes. I refuse to begin any other project until I'm wearing this wretched article. If only it had some sleeves...

At least the lower back edge is completely bound off. Now I'm working the side slit and the lower front edge.

No comments: