26 August 2006

a digression

I'm taking a break from kitchen posting today. We spent today planning and purchasing supplies, so no new pictures to present.

Instead...news from the garden.




We had a rather dramatic thunderstorn last night, and the hail tore holes in the cucumber leaves.


All the same, we had a delightful harvest today. Too bad we can't prepare any of our bounty into tasty dishes due to lack of a kitchen.


We checked on our arachnid friend, the Black and Yellow Argiope, and discoered that her mate was repairing the rain damage. He is much smaller than his wife.


As I was busily snapping pictures of the spider, I looked down and noticed one of our bunnies calmly sitting under the sedum plants about a foot from my sneaker.


Apart from gardening, I took advantage of this evening's remodeling lull to work on a bit of knitting. My current project, which has been waiting in the wings for some time and finally made it to the needles last night, is the Thistle and Thorn tank from Interweave Knits.



The yarn is Jaeger Trinity, a silk and cotton blend. Maybe I'll actually finish this one before the weather turns too cold for sleeveless knits.

No comments: